8th Chemicals and Chemical Products R&D Project Market Awards were organized upon the approval of the Ministry of Trade of the Republic of Turkey, through the organisation arranged by Istanbul Chemicals and Chemical Products Exporters’ Association (IKMIB), and with the support of TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey).
Held at the Foreign Trade Complex on Saturday, 27th April, 2019, the ceremony granted the relevant awards to the winners. The awards granted at the event to the winners under 5 categories amounted to TL 500,000 in total. Speaking at the award ceremony, Chairman of IKMIB Board of Directors, Adil Pelister, expressed the happiness and excitement IKMIB felt for organising the 8th leg of the Chemicals and Chemical Products R&D Project Market this year as an event held since the year 2011 with the approval of the Ministry of Trade and the support of TUBITAK. Specifying that “research” and “development” constituted the two indispensable basic pillars of production and the constant search for the better, Pelister said “It undoubtedly remains insufficient for us to define R&D merely with these two concepts. We need to consider R&D as an alliance of values that puts together quite a challenging management basis for various dynamic and science-based processes. It is rather difficult to generate values with a project lacking in education, knowledge, thought, effort, patience, and most importantly, faith in the job. Therefore, I once again extend my heartfelt congratulations to you as R&D volunteers that believe in their country, its mind, its ideas, and its efforts and pursuing their goals”.
Award-Winning Projects at the 8th R&D Project Market and their Owners Category of Medicine and Pharmaceuticals
1. Development of Point of Care Kit – Emine Saraç, Nanomed Diagnostic, Acıbadem Health Group.
2. Development of Elisa Testing System for the Screening of Lysosomal Storage Diseases – Cevahir Altınkaynak, Murat Ekremoğlu, Nalan Özdemir.
3. Platelet-Rich Plasma Assisted Compressible Bone Grafts – Sena Koç, Dr. Soner Çakmak, Prof. Dr. Menemşe Gümüşdereoğlu.
Category of Cosmetics, Soaps, and Cleaning Products
1. Production of Environmentally-Friendly Detergents and Softeners in a Water- Soluble, Multi-Layered, Beam-Bending and Disinfectant Capsule at Different Times and Temperatures – Derya Eren Akgün, Kutluay Kabadayı, Ilgım Özdemir.
2. New-Generation, Herbal, Nano-Particle Added Hair Dyes – Nazan Demir, Yaşar Demir, Özge Akın.
3. Vaccinium Myritillus (Blueberry) as a Natural Solution with Antibiofilm Effect for Teeth Whitening – Nilay Ildız, Ismail Öçsoy, Ayşe Baldemir Kılıç.